Explore

About me

Am a contradiction of sorts. i love going out and having a good time with friends, and i can also stay home chill out over a book or a movie..

Am very passionate about writing, so give me a topic and watch me float away into wonderland... Love reading books- sometimes i read 3books simultaneously, crazy about music- need it all around me, all the time and ofcourse, i totally am ga ga goo goo over my 7yr old naughty brat- Floppy!! errr, Prince Floppy!! :)

Monday, March 14, 2011

Project 365 Day 40 Pillars

 A model of a house, as it is in smaller towns and villages even today can be seen at Dakshin Chitra, off ECR road, Chennai... These blue pillars and the small door were found in literally all the houses and infact even today is seen.. Do you see the small window? women apparently wouldnt step out, but see through these to the outside world.... 


My 2011 started with Celebrations here, and that is when i captured this shot as well 





2 comments:

  1. i love these houses! have never lived in one, just stayed for a while when we were travelling... and now samhith says we should build a house with mutham and thinnai! wonder where we can find place for a house like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there too....love that place and this pic too.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your footprint so i know you visited.. Thank you..